View Single Post

idnewton
03.27.2013 , 09:05 PM | #1101
Quote: Originally Posted by Khevar View Post
I have to stop you right there. There is a fourth way of obtaining Grade 7 spaceship parts:

4. Bought on the GTN from players who spent cash in the Cartel Market, and are flipping it for in-game credits.
Quote: Originally Posted by idnewton View Post
In the case that players no longer buy these items off of the Cartel Market and sell them on the GTN, crafters are a backup plan.

That's the implied forth way of getting these items: GTN. I do believe Bioware miscalcuated the value these items would settle at on the GTN (which, if I recall correctly, was incredibly cheap). The market wizards saw a giant opportunity and the price dropped like a stone.
These players undercut the market to less than 20% the cost of the raw materials. I know of no crafter that stayed in the Grade 7 ship parts market after this. And I know of MANY that had been looking forward to adding these to their crafting repertoire prior to this point.

Do you realize it wasn't even worth it to craft parts for friends just for the materials. The friend could sell the 4 molecs it would take to make ONE part and use the money buy ALL SIX parts off the GTN.

Some developer spent time thinking about crafting Grade 7 spaceship parts. Schematics were made and priced. Material lists were worked out. Do you get it? Somebody actually spent time thinking this was a good idea to add to the game. These schematics were rendered irrelevant 15 minutes after 1.6 dropped.

Heck, the spaceship parts didn't even have a 36-hour resale lockout. Buy 'em, list 'em, bang!
Quote: Originally Posted by idnewton View Post
The crafting method is more to acknowledge the crafters than give them an amazing new market. In the case that players no longer buy these items off of the Cartel Market and sell them on the GTN, crafters are a backup plan.

Lowering the materials would defeat the purpose of the craftability of these items, which were more of a backup plan to the Cartel Market anyways.
My ability to respond to your questions with quotes from my original post leads me to request you read the entire post, because my personal feeling is...
I have to stop you right there.
You stopped yourself there too
PRE-ORDER ACCOUNT LEGACY LEVEL 50 LEVEL +55s: 20
ETERNAL WARRIOR CHEEVO POINTS: +26,000