View Single Post

aasania
03.27.2013 , 03:11 PM | #28
I'm really glad to see new players posting comments about starting the game and loving it! I see so much "this game is dead, blah blah blah" nonsense on Facebook/Twitter/etc that it's nice to see people picking up the game and enjoying it.

I've been playing for almost a year now. Started with a Mercenary, and I was on Voss (around lvl 45) before someone invited me to a guild - I really hadn't done much group quests before that! Playing is way more fun with an active guild. I probably would have quit the game after hitting 50 with my merc if I hadn't found my guild. A year later, I'm still having a blast with my fellow guildies, doing PVP, lvl 50 flashpoints and operations, and currently leveling an assassin cause they are so much fun to play.

Group finder can definitely be a little unforgiving if you don't know the flashpoint/operation, and it bugs the crap out of me when people say they're looking for someone to do XYZ Op, "Please know fights." Well how the heck is anyone supposed to know the fights if they've never done it? And warzones.... oh man there's nothing like screwing up in a warzone to get yelled at! LOL

So for those of you running solo (or in a guild that ignores you), try a guild! (Or a different one) There are a lot out there! Some guilds are huge and it's easy to get lost in them, other guilds are hardcore and want only experienced players. But there are a lot of guilds that are fun, casual, and love helping new players. So try one out, if you don't like it type /gquit in your message window and find another one!

Have fun everyone, and Long live the Empire!