View Single Post

Delta_V
03.24.2013 , 06:56 PM | #6
Hi, this is my first post on these forums, and I would have to say the issue of over-leveled players in Flashpoints is largely caused by the Group Finder.

As a *new* level 50 (I only subscribed after dinging 50), I decided I should run the level 50 flashpoints (False Emperor, Kaon Under Seige, etc.) on story mode before attempting hard mode. The problem is, in order to qualify for the Group Finder's daily reward, I have to queue for all available flashpoints. That meant queuing for Red Reaper, which is what, a level 45 mission? Why the hell am I queuing for a mission that a) has no useful loot and b) poses absolutely no challenge? To top it off, you almost always seem to get dropped into the lowest FP you queued for. I got dropped into Red Reaper three days in a row before deciding to say screw it and just queue for the FPs I wanted.

This is also a problem before 50. I remember as a level 48-49 having to queue for Colicoid War Games, which at that point was just faceroll easy.

Basically, the level range of missions you can/need to queue for in the Group Finder really needs to be reduced. In order to get the daily reward, you really shouldn't have to queue for a FP that is 5, 6 or even 7 levels below you.