View Single Post

lpcg
03.22.2013 , 05:43 PM | #17
While I completely agree with the comments regarding RP posted by Chiltonium, I would suggest to Timarick that prior to bad-mouthing and slamming an RP guild you might do your homework first.

You said
Quote:
the ones that REAAALLY make me laugh are the ones like the Harbingers of the Sith'ari who act like Jedi (and in some cases ARE Jedi converts)
First, this argument is just plain ridiculous based on the fact that it was DARK JEDI (Jedi converts) that first discovered the Sith race. The co-mingling between the Dark Jedi and Sith race is what has given us the Sith as we know them now.

Additionally, there are multiple cases of Jedi converting to the dark side. Some of the most famous are Anakin and Luke Skywalker. Heck Anakin spends the majority of his life as a sith after being a Jedi. Converting is neither a new concept nor rare. Read the books, watch the movies; it's fairly prominent.

If that isn't enough for you let's just take a look at Jaesa our warrior companion in the game. Jaesa is a Jedi that the warrior pursues to convert. I could be really rude now and just roflmao at your conversion comments but instead I will simply say that even if converting did not exist anywhere else in the lore, the developers and writers set a precedent for it with the Jaesa story arc they built into the game.

Then you said
Quote:
I can't stand when people don't use the lore to their disposal
Do you know what the Sith'Ari is? Do you know what a harbinger is? Do you have any idea what the Harbingers of Sith'Ari are? I must believe you do not as this is also an invalid statement. The Harbingers of Sith'Ari entire foundation is taken straight out of the Star Wars lore. Per Star Wars lore the Sith'ari is:

"One who has freed themselves from all restrictions has reached perfection, their potential fulfilled. Perfect strength, perfect power, perfect destiny. Imagine it."
―Yuthura Ban (Yuthura & his quote are directly from Star Wars lore)

Sith'ari was a title that, in the ancient Sith language, meant "Lord" or "Overlord," first claimed by King Adas. After Adas's death, the term became the subject of a legend and a prophecy.

The prophecy goes like this:
The Sith'ari will be free of limits.
The Sith'ari will lead the Sith and destroy them.
The Sith'ari will raise the Sith from death and make them stronger than before.

Sometime during the early history of the First Sith Empire, (this game is set after the First Empire and therefore access to the prophecy is available) the coming of the Sith'ari was foretold. Inspired by the legend of Adas, the Sith'ari was prophesied a perfect being, free of all restrictions—the ultimate Sith.

Now, do you have any clue what a "harbinger" is? Just in case you don't allow me to clarify, a harbinger is one who comes before. Therefore the "Harbingers" of "The Sith'Ari" are people who happen to believe in the prophecy of the sith'ari but precede him (that means comes before him) by many years. This, nor converting from the Jedi order, does not exclude them from being Imperials in any way. If anything it makes them fanatics that follow a Sith, therefore Imperial, prophecy.

Now if you still don't believe that this guild is in fact using the Star Wars lore I shall tell you that the prophecy of the Sith'ari is in 4 Star Wars books plus the following books:
• The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
• The New Essential Chronology
• The Jedi Path: A Manual for Students of the Force
• Book of Sith: Secrets from the Dark Side

I do not know what your issue with this particular guild is, but their guild story (not personal, individual stories) happens to be very in-depth, well thought out and takes into consideration how they would be viewed by both the Empire and Republic if this were a real setting. Therefore I suggest that the next time you decide to bash someone, try learning about them first so you can at least make valid arguments.

P.S. I'm sure the Harbingers of Sith'Ari really appreciate the opportunity to explain their guild premise to the entire SWTOR community thanks to your rude comments. Good job man.