View Single Post

OmenQ
03.21.2013 , 01:43 PM | #173
Quote: Originally Posted by Urael View Post
Agreed for the most part. However, Blackavaar has pointed out that the CM market has impacted Crafters and has written extensively on this elsewhere. I am not a crafter or a GTN broker but, I can not help but think from a reasoned point of view that if there is an "outside competitor" (e.g. the CM Store) that even if it sells "similar items" and not items that are of better value, there would be a chance that the "in game" market would be affected. Blackavaar said his revenue stream via crafting shells went down when the CM store hit. I will take him at his word. If all is as he said and reason holds out one can pretty much see that the CM Store (the outside revenue stream) could have ( and may in fact already have ) an effect on the in game market for crafters.
Since you're not a crafter or a GTN broker, you have no arguement.
I am both. I've made far more credits since the Cartel Market launched than I ever did before. All I did was change what segment of the market I focused on. I now sell stims, medpacks, armorings, mods, and enhancements all at a very rapid pace. The "competition" from planetary comm vendors is negligible. The fact that there's so much adaptable, modifiable armor now available to the players has increased the demand for armor mods beyond what I can supply.
I'm literally swimming in credits, thanks to the Cartel market.
Squadron 157

<Your Companion> / <Unhinged>