View Single Post

Essence_of_Light
03.21.2013 , 09:38 AM | #1
Like the title says I'm a little disappointed about the new sort-of "ingame barber shop". There are several reasons why but first I'm going to put the quote from the "State of the Game #3" here.

Quote:
And Im happy to announce that well be introducing several new features along the way, like a new customization feature, which will allow you to change your character's hair style, eye color, body type, or even species (including the upcoming Cathar!) using Cartel Coins. Look for it in early summer.
While I first read it I was like "Great! That is awesome!" But then I took a closer look. "...using Cartel Coins." To me this seems like too much. But first lets talk about the species change. To me that shouldn't happen because it isn't "realistic" but I found that it could be ok. The other things like hair, body, and eye color was all fine. But why with CC? This game is turning into "Your a sub but you have to pay MORE real money for basic features like a barber shop!" I could understand the species thing being in the CM, but ALL of the barber shop?! That is going too far. What next? Having to pay money for certain class abilities in the CM? Whether you think so or not barber shops ARE basic features. Personally I think they should've been ingame since launch. But why do we, the players, have to pay MORE money to you for a basic feature?

I think that they should change this before they release it. BW should either take out species changing or leave it in the CM... BUT make the rest of the "Barber Shop" not cost CC. Make it ingame currency. If they don't I'm not sure how much more I can take.

Edit: I'd like to take the time to thank Bioware for *atleast* responding to this thread and posting it on the Community Roundup for other people to see, talk about and state their opinions.
For the Republic!
Click my referral link here for 7 free days as sub, free server transfer, and free CC unlocks!