View Single Post

Leonalis
03.19.2013 , 12:22 PM | #67
Quote: Originally Posted by chuixupu View Post
I don't tihnk Bioware makes as much money in a year that Blizzard makes in a month right now.

Bioware may be owned by EA, but they mostly operate on their own; EA doesn't send them checks, it's the other way around.
Bioware is A. Bioware is section of A like A sports or something like that. Bioware is only a section of A with the old company name.

@Phillip

You quote this:

Quote: Originally Posted by JPryde View Post
This leaves two questions open for me:

1. How do you determine "changed location" ? before I got a authenticator, I was prompted my security question every day I logged in, simply cause my ISP hands me a different IP every day. The chance, that I will ever reuse the same IP is very low, even though I am always using the same computer. I would obviously not be pleased, if I would have to wait for a mail and enter some security code very single day in the future. Or is this security measure void, if there is an authenticator used ?

2. Since this information is obviously important enough that the security chief does post himself, how long will it take to get this information translated into the two other languages, that this forum supports ? (This time it is not "just before the weekend")
includinig the 2nd question and you only anwer with:

Quote: Originally Posted by Phillip_BW View Post
IYes, if you have a Security Key, that trumps everything else and you will not have to additionally enter an Email Security Code. ISP's that change IP address every day on their customers was taken into consideration, but sadly we can't eliminate the IP address out of the equation and still stay at a reasonable level of security within the authentication process.
For the direct question on how we determined changed location, there are many factors taken into account, and this is one of those pieces where it isn't quite straight forward to figure out for an attacker. So I'll leave the attackers with work to do...
For the side note, I'm anything but making fun of customers - my intent was to make fun of a ficticious yellow duck as an attempt to bring a bit of humour into what is otherwise a very boring topic. That and continue a theme from the previous answers to the thread from a couple of weeks ago. No offense intended!.
And skip full the 2nd question.