View Single Post

b-morgan
03.18.2013 , 11:13 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Phillip_BW View Post

We are working on a new 'Forum Display Name' capability so that people will at some point in the future be able to change the name used on the forums. Which way we go about that (choose a character name? let you write whatever you want?) is still being decided and that will impact the amount of work required and therefore the 'when'.

This is not something that is planned for April 2nd.

It is also not something that can be easily implemented in a matter of minutes. Regardless of if the change would be as simple as adding a column in a database, there is still getting that data presented to the website securely, providing the ability to input data into the column itself (again securely), and that is before we have our awesome QA team make sure the functionality works as expected. We won't say 'soon' on this feature, as it is too early to be able to predict when this could be rolled out.
I believe this feature will go a long way towards calming the fears of the majority of the players. I hope it happens sooner rather than later.

I would suggest that you implement this feature as either change the "forum display name" or change the "login display name". While I currently have unique "login name/email" and "password" pairs for different games, I have not used unique "forum names" so when you separate "forum display name" and "login display name" I would like to change the one I consider less secure.