View Single Post

03.18.2013 , 06:04 AM | #439
Quote: Originally Posted by AbsolutGrndZero View Post
Or blinded to the fact that despite having some personality traits that might suggest homosexuality does not in fact mean a person is actually homosexual or even bisexual. I say this based on that most of my life people tend to think I'm gay, but I'm not., nor am I bisexual. The fact that I strongly support LGBT rights despite being straight myself also confuses a lot of people.
Well, obviously that is the case. There's a reason why TV Tropes has entries for Straight Gay and Camp Straight, these things clearly exist as tropes in the media, so therefore they exist in reality too. It is yet another layer to the complicated spectrum that is human sexuality. (And remember this is without even mentioning asexuality, or separating out sexuality from romance).

As I said, you really can't tell a character's sexuality just by a limited view of their behaviour.

Also, the gay rights movement would get nowhere without our straight allies. So, thank you.

Quote: Originally Posted by SithKoriandr View Post
He doesn't look down at females at all. He's the farm boy gentleman type. That of course will come off as chauvinistic to many, which is funny, seeing as some who say that also say "He's bi! Make him SGR so I can romance him!" when he'd likely act the same way and say the same things.
Actually, we don't know that. It is likely he's going to be more "bromantic" towards a possible male PC love interest. He has been taught to treat women one way, and men another - that wouldn't change if he was bisexual.
Zandilar, an Australian, IN SPAAAAAAAACCCCEEEEE!!
Too many characters, most of them Chiss.