View Single Post

drfumblez
03.15.2013 , 01:28 PM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by jovianus View Post
I think most players would prefer to see results from, you know, what they're actually doing in game.

Not , "Yeah, everything you do is irrelevant because the Republic is kicking your face in on every front, but some other characters in background stories set 30 years ago were totally kicking ***!"

I really find Balmorra the most annoying. I'm planning on doing a Consular play through just to figure out how we go from "Rioting breaks out on Coruscant and a humiliated Republic is forced to withdraw from multiple sectors after the revelation that they were supporting the Balmorran resistance in violation of the Treaty' to 'The Jedi knock over the Imperial government of Balmorra and install Republic allies, nobody bats an eyelash."
If you picked the Empire because you'd thought you'd win, you might want to go watch the original trilogy again. The situation before "A New Hope was the same as it is here:

The underdogs have been losing incredibly badly for the last 20+ years, but then a string of major victories in a few short years turn the tide (despite numerous setbacks) to set the Empire on the losing side, The Empire losing it's Emperor and most powerful figurehead (Vadar/Malgus) soon after.

So no, I really don't feel any sympathy for those suckers who went Empire and are now mad that their choices mean nothing.