View Single Post

drug_cartel
03.11.2013 , 04:04 AM | #78
Quote: Originally Posted by Zyrious View Post
You arent some random person given this question. You are an officer of the republic, entrusted by the citizens of the republic and their elected representatives to protect themselves and their self-interests as best as you are capable.

As an officer in the military you must remain impartial, as hard as it may be sometimes. You must save grief for later, dramatic "NOOOOO's!" for when you arent getting shot at, etc. etc.

In this situation, the answer is obvious.

Spoiler

I feel pretty much the opposite of this. I am an officer in the Republic Military. I am not a Senator or Governor; I am a Major. I have zero authority over civilians; I cannot simply walk into a cantina and start ordering non-soldiers around. Along with that, I have zero responsability for civilians, except when otherwise ordered by my Commanding Officer. My duty is not to make people happy; my duty is to win a war.

Spoiler

So in A-77,,,

Spoiler

As for some sort of inherant worth question, I believe you're entirely off base.

Spoiler

It's a question of value, not quantity. And the quality of the soldier being saved plays a factor. We don't just need warm bodies walking around on a field; we need real soldiers capable of making a difference in this war.