View Single Post

BPStarsiege
03.10.2013 , 05:44 PM | #3
sorry yeah it should but this was more of a general MMO question... was after ppls thoughts not just SWTOR.
I am not liking this scaling down of raid size with ea new MMO. Why cant they have big Epic raids for communities large enough and active enough that can cooperate like a small raid force.

An MMO that will draw me in would be something like:
Group Size of 5 players.
Progression Raids(PR) with variants for 10/20/40/80 players.
Open World Raids(OWR) with Variants for 40/80/120 players.
Multiple Difficulty Levels - (S)Standard / (H)Heroic / (E)Epic / (L)Legendary / (I)Immortal

That would allow greater options for players of different minds and all with nothing more than small changes to the raids depending on size and difficulty to balance it out:

10 player Heroic raid NPC's have more HP and hit harder/Mitigate more than Standard 10
20 player standard could be like 10 Heroic for stats etc with a few added scripts/abilities during events

Raid Reward Scales:

Tier 1.1 Raid Gear PR10S
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tier 1.2 Raid Gear PR10H PR20S
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tier 1.3 Raid Gear PR10E PR20H PR40S
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tier 1.4 Raid Gear PR10L PR20E PR40H PR80S
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tier 1.5 Raid Gear PR10I PR20L PR40E PR80H
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tier 1.6 Raid Gear PR20I PR40L PR80E
Tier 1.7 Raid Gear PR40I PR80L OWR40
Tier 1.8 Raid Gear PR80I OWR80
Tier 1.9 Raid Gear OWR120