View Single Post

dscount
03.10.2013 , 01:15 PM | #1
Since we see this term so often I just wanted to post the meaning.

1. The belief that certain persons or members of certain classes or groups deserve favored treatment by virtue of their perceived superiority, as in intellect, social status, or financial resources.
2. a. The sense of entitlement enjoyed by such a group or class.
b. Control, rule, or domination by such a group or class.

So those that truly believe all other players should obtain BiS from doing HM OPS's only like them would fall into this definition?

I use the references made in PTS to support what I've seen:
  • Those "not intelligent enough to clear content"
  • Those "that need to L2P (Learn to Play) or don't get the gear"
  • Those "unable to clear content shouldn't have that gear"
  • Those that should have to "earn it the same way and not just purchase from GTN"

I'm not trying to be PRO anyone here and I'm sure all those will say I'm just QQ'ing. (Not that I care - you will anyways).

The jest of the matter is this is a community game and everyone has a different play style, economic resources (RL and Game), dedication, ability to function in teams, understanding of MMO's and ability to play with others. Meaning that nobody should be telling people how they should obtain gear, but instead allowing them to play in the means in which they are comfortable. Yes argue all you want about "Not Raiding = Not needing Gear" is a smoke screen and maybe that person wants BiS to run FP HM's and nothing else? Again.. nobody should be telling anyone how to play or gear themselves.

Me personally.. I like both sides. Raiding for sheer fun and mostly the Pets/Mounts, but I buy gear as needed due to the min/max and I've got the finanical means (In game only). I've several ALT's and I don't plan on running them all thru S&V HM for months on end to fully gear them at the current setup. I'll concentrate on my favorite and play the waiting game for Schematics to open up or price for 30's to come down onces they start selling.
Reference Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/FDltnT (BW Details > HERE )
WTB Legacy Bound Ear, Implants, Relics

I'm not asking for much.... maybe some Cake too...