View Single Post

haksilence
03.05.2013 , 08:48 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Arovien View Post
@OP

This article u linked is still relevant. Most all of the info is accurate even in 1.7.

Shadow Tanks
+ resilience is the best defensive cooldown for endgame PvE. lets the ops group work around mechanics straight up (NiM EC included).
+can stealth battle rez and/or use "OUT OF COMBAT" self-heal (this is straight up BROKE OP duh)
+best at holding aggro (both single and AOE)
-most spiky (skilled/over-geared healers can keep up tho)

Vanguard Tanks
+Best mitigation tank (white damage only)
+Best AOE aggro holding tank (lots of high damaging AOE abilities)
+Top DPS tank (usually not a big deal, but can be if <insert boring,specific examples>)
-the HoT cooldown is not all that great.
-Folds to force/tech damage more so than the other tanks because the ONLY way to coop with it is a single cooldown.

Guardian Tanks
+Better collection of defensive cooldowns than Vanguards
+slightly better at holding single-target aggro than Vanguards
+Broken OP in PvP (all other tanks are a negative to the team).
~Funnest tank to play (fact )
-good luck holding AOE aggro
-outshined by Shadows and Vanguards in practice very slightly tho

Summary: Shadows are broken due to stealth (seriously, not exaggerating). Abuse'em if u want to be a god. Vanguards are easy-mode + best at mitigation. Guardians are the worse in practice but fun.

-brought to u by a Dread Slayer / Warstalker x3 / Deep Wriggler x 3 ******. no need to thank me noobs
I would argue that shadows are the highest Dpsing tank. but i wont swear on it, ive never seen a vang out DPS my shadow. as well vanguards handle large quantities of force/tech damage better than any other tank because of their superior armor rating/ highest damage reduction, 5 seconds of 100% immunity does not compair since thats only enough time to defend against ~3 attacks.

otherwise fairly accurate summary.
10/10 NiM Dread Ops
Archon Jaberse, Captain Morgan Spice'rum, Gatecrasher Kithide Ameranthine
<Aisthesis> and <Postmortem>
Quote: Originally Posted by Ardarell_Solo View Post
Mr. Captain Morgan Roll/Rummaster ^^