Concealment Operative and Accuracy

Huskeonkel

Hey all,

I want to try to get operation PvE ready with my stabby agent and am unsure about a few things. I hope some of you can help me out.

I read somewhere that I need 110 % Accuracy, 30 % Crit and 75 % Surge and then get Power for the rest.

Which tab in the drop down box in my character screen do I need to look at for this, the Ranged or the Tech tab? The Accuracy rating is vastly different depending on which I look at.

I also read some places that Accuracy is completely useless for Concealment Ops, in which case I just want to load up on Power instead. Is this true?

Thanks.

First of all, accuracy does not compete with power. The way itemization works, you can only trade accuracy for Surge or alacrity.

And currently, accuracy is indeed almost useless.

Like 99% of your dps will be tech damage, and currently tech abilities do not miss at all, and pve enemies do not have any defense against tech abilities.

When the game updates 2.0 this will of course change, and accuracy will become much more useful, but for now, that we are still in 1.7, it is your least useful stat.

Basically only your Rifle Shot, Snipe, and Overload Shot will benefit from Accuracy, but since you don't really use the other 2 at all, it really comes down to benefitting Rifle Shot only.

This claim that you need 110% accuracy (and that it is most important secondary stat) comes from Noxxic.com, which is a website famous for containing a lot of false information.

Wait just a few minutes, I will find some combat logs to show what I am talking about.

Ok. look at this:

http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/combatlog/4cc7281e-1650-4cca-b9ce-39f653c27d92/player/1#d=0,b=1

On the right of this combat log you see avoids, which shows how many times each ability missed or got avoided by the bosses defense chance.

The only attacks used that would have benefitted at all from Accuracy, were Rifle Shot and Carbine Burst.

And I swear to you, this Operative was running with 0 accuracy rating in its gear.

Mostly healing gear with few campaign armorings swapped to get the dps set 2 bonus, and I say again, no accuracy rating at all in its gear.

Even with that all other attacks, except those 2, did always hit.

Now you can also put it this way, missing 10% less on one ability that does only 5% of your total dps, would increase your total dps by 0.5%.

So yes, accuracy will do something for you, but you should start adding it to your gear only after your surge is well above the soft cap.

So this is how it is right now. In 2.0 it will of course change and then accuracy will be more important.

Edited by Eternalnight

The current max pool of tertiary stats without augments is 600 (correct me if I'm wrong). In order to not miss anything, you would put yourself at 300 accuracy, 300 surge, giving you 76.3% critical bonus. On the other hand, 0 accuracy would give you 600 surge, and 80.3% critical bonus. The ideal value for accuracy is probably somewhere in between those, but testing that would be extremely tedious and the difference in dps would most likely be very small. I use 10% accuracy because I like the idea of always hitting.

Note that if you are ever going to use lethality, I would recommend approaching if not reaching that 10% with accuracy as weakening blast is a ranged attack, and missing that would be something of significance.

The current max pool of tertiary stats without augments is 600 (correct me if I'm wrong). In order to not miss anything, you would put yourself at 300 accuracy, 300 surge, giving you 76.3% critical bonus. On the other hand, 0 accuracy would give you 600 surge, and 80.3% critical bonus. The ideal value for accuracy is probably somewhere in between those, but testing that would be extremely tedious and the difference in dps would most likely be very small. I use 10% accuracy because I like the idea of always hitting.

Note that if you are ever going to use lethality, I would recommend approaching if not reaching that 10% with accuracy as weakening blast is a ranged attack, and missing that would be something of significance.

Cull is also ranged. Close to 100% Ranged Accuracy is probably a good idea.

Hey thanks guys for all the feedback. I'm a little surprised that the gear SWToR offers my class specifically is so full of accuracy that I can't use. I any case I've now gotten rid of all Accuracy that I can, substituting it with Power, Surge and Alacrity, and my dps has gone up by 200 just from that alone.

I don't know what changes will come in 2.0, but I do hope Concealment Operatives get some dps buffs, as we are pretty crappy in PvE now compared to others, and that Accuracy won't be overly important.