View Single Post

SuperGrunt
03.01.2013 , 01:49 PM | #97
Quote: Originally Posted by psandak View Post
Not just this community.

Fact is that everything we as players do to try to prove or disprove a feature is working as intended is irrelevant; anything anyone professes is anecdotal at best. I've said before and I'll say it again, we as human beings cannot help but see clusters as purposeful and even distribution as random when in fact the opposite is overwhelmingly more often true (clusters are random and even distribution is purposeful). SuperGrunt is on the right track that the only way to get reliable data from players' observations would be to get a massive number of players doing a massive number of REs. And he is right, good luck getting that to happen.
Like I said though it would have to be from one server, unless you did multiple servers and compiled the results based on server. Time is the only variable that would change on a computer that would allow you to change the number generated with a random function, so you would want the server time as a constant, as 2 different computers using the same time based random function would generate 2 different random numbers.
My propsed changes to Loot Rules.
My Twitch channel, both a link and the address so you can choose how you visit it. twitch.tv/otawo