View Single Post

Defwakening
02.28.2013 , 01:42 AM | #59
Quote: Originally Posted by Naugor View Post
Greetings everyone,

We have identified a patching issue affecting a small number of players.

The symptom on the players side would be connecting to the character select screen as normal, however as soon as you would connect to an area, the character would be disconnected from the game and back to server select.

If you are experiencing this issue, we would like you to take the following troubleshooting steps as a temporary workaround:
  1. Close the game and the launcher.
  2. Navigate to you your Star Wars: The Old Republic installation folder. In a default installation these files can be found here:
    • 64bit: C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic
    • 32bit: C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic
  3. Delete the "retailclient_swtor.version" file
  4. Restart the Launcher and let it patch the game. A few files will be downloaded but the process should be swift.
  5. Proceed to login to your character.
Should the problem persist, please let us know.

Thank you.
I have tried this fix twice for the exact problem mentioned in your post and it hasn't helped at all. I also sometimes connect to an empty server list and now its saying the launcher is down. It's okay, I just hope I get to play soon. Thanks for trying and being prompt with a fix.