If you are experiencing this issue, we would like you to take the following troubleshooting steps as a temporary workaround:
Should the problem persist, please let us know.
- Close the game and the launcher.
- Navigate to you your Star Wars: The Old Republic installation folder. In a default installation these files can be found here:
- 64bit: C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic
- 32bit: C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic
- Delete the "retailclient_swtor.version" file
- Restart the Launcher and let it patch the game. A few files will be downloaded but the process should be swift.
- Proceed to login to your character.
Followed the instructions as listed above, does not allow me to play still. I can select a character to log in with and I get booted out to the Error 9000/server selection screen.
When I can get to the character select screen, can't login to any other characters as it says I'm already logged in on the character I tried loading earlier and got booted out with an Error 9000 with earlier.
So what is the solution for this now?