Thread: [Artifice] is artifice too powerful?
View Single Post

Milandur
02.26.2013 , 04:56 PM | #13
Also consider that one of the slots for Artificing equipment, color crystals, sees a lot of competition from in-game drops and Cartel Market stuff. Most long time players turn to the dual-color crystals for twinking their alts, and there really isn't much of an endgame crafting crystal market to speak of since once you've got a +41 crystal, you're set in terms of stats.

Every time I check the hilt leveling market, it is flooded with hilts listed at recommended GTN price. I suppose purple-quality hilts still sell well, but why bother when you can buy a blue-quality hilt for a pittance?

On the other hand, enhancements are a much more flexible item than armorings or mods - because they don't carry a main stat, you can theoretically sell a bunch of the same type of enhancement to all 4 base classes. This makes playing the market a lot simpler and a lot safer with enhancements, in my opinion.

At the moment, I'd like to see the Artifice crafting skill get a little buff. More competitive color crystal crafting options, perhaps the ability to craft leveling relics. It definitely just got a huge bonus from the Gree event - once more people reach Champion standing with the Gree and pick up the Bind on Legacy sabers, we'll start seeing a lot more endgame hilts on the market. However, based on what I've seen of endgame crafting, I expect this flexibility will drive prices down and nerf the advantages of having an Artificer main.

So tl;dr - I don't think Artificing is overpowered, but it does provide unique market advantages to those who know how to make the most of them.