Thread: "grd plz"
View Single Post

Ruskaeth
02.25.2013 , 08:16 AM | #95
Quote: Originally Posted by RandomXChance View Post
At first I was sort of miffed by your rant, but then became amused. You realize we are talking about the flip side of the same issue? I was laughing at the way many DPS ask for guard without any checking of who else is in the raid and are they really the one who needs it most. You are talking about lazy tanks that just throw guard on whoever for no good reason and without inspecting. Just had this in Xenoanalyst II fight on HM 16 man. Tank put guard on marauder with most HP. On inspection, 2 snipers and another marauder were far more a threat due to good optimization and higher damage. Deciding who to guard involves some understanding of how all the classes work and that is something that takes time to learn.

Lazy and poor playing abound, its is just most apparent when the tank is guilty and most common (maybe just by sheer numbers) in DPS.
Oh no, you were actually miffed? Then became amused? Good, because my "rant" was written in mockery of this thread and intended to be the spiky flip side view. Awesome that you got the drift.

To the topic, I appreciate good tanks a lot. Most of all classes really. Of course it's more visible as a tank for someone to portray they haven't even bothered to read their tooltips, let alone trying to figure things out. General explanation would be that this game is casual. People play it casual. This is not limited to tanking as it limits a lot of dpses and healers also.

Gree event has opened my eyes to yet another thing: General awarness of pug groups. Normal EVE player (or HoV competitive player) would DPS the Xenoanalyst II on HM after first try while watching a presidential debate and not missing a word and still "doing ok".

I actually wish they'd insert a fight scoreboard showing damage taken/healed/damage done/threat generated -after the pull is over. Then it would just disappear. It would give those "wot u mean zomg" -people an idea of what is possible. I know, casuals would hate it, ie. 80% of the player base but .. shrug. I just see it as something to motivate them to work things out, or god forbid, ask about their class from someone.