View Single Post

grallmate
02.24.2013 , 05:29 PM | #25
I've tried out the Guardian changes on PTS and I must say, I'm really liking it.

Rotation feels much more normal with all the important abilities being on a 12s CD. Just like on Live though, it feels really clunky if you aren't being attacked and really fluid if you are. Threat is much better, especially AoE. The 1+4 Guardian Slash and cheaper Cyclonic Sweeps makes it a lot easier, plus Saber Reflect for those pesky ranged mobs.

Mitigation felt alright in S&V. All I did was pull accuracy and alacrity off my gear in favor of shield and I didn't feel at all squishy, admittedly I was using my CDs proactively which I'd gotten used to on my Shadow so that may have helped. I definitely felt like I had a CD available whenever I wanted one, not that any of the fights we cleared were overly demanding on a tank.

I think the biggest thing I can say about it is that its made me decide to pull my Guardian tank out of retirement. Until now my Shadow just had an easier time with everything. That said, I haven't had a chance to test out my Shadow tanking on PTS yet and my VG is currently Assault specced but I'll respec her and try out VG PTS tanking as well over the next few days.
The Kae-Sare Legacy - The Harbinger
<Vindication> <Retribution>

Gralleh Grall'eh Khyar
Gralleh's Guide to Guardian Tanking [UPDATED for 2.0]