Thread: 30-54 bracket
View Single Post

Kryosh
02.23.2013 , 12:59 PM | #48
Quote: Originally Posted by DaedalusV View Post
Thanks for the reply. This new bolster system... It would be nice for us to know a few details about it, so if you or someone else in the know would clarify further on the following points, I would be much obliged.

1) Does the new bolster system take into account level disparity between character level and gear level

2) Does the new bolster system take into account the quality of the gear you wear (will purples be better than greens?)

I see no harm in revealing those things to us now instead of when 2.0 hits live.
----edit----
Found your reply in another thread;

I'm afraid that your bolster system will fail at doing it's job due to the disparity presently seen in what people can wear in the 30-54 bracket.

pre- 50, people are limited to PvE gear that closely follows levels, but any and all people who presently sit at max level have a plethora of options...
1) People have present end-game PvE gear min-maxed (will the bolster system handle them by decreasing main stat and endurance and increase expertise?? What about armour ratings?)
2) Present end-game PvP gear, how will the bolster system work there? What about the min-maxed people who haven't bought the expansion?

I'm very confused as to why exactly you're doing a 30-54 bracket instead of keeping the old 10-49 one and create a 50-54 one and a 55 one. You see the need for 3 brackets, why make the balancing act so difficult for yourselves by doing the very arbitrary split of 10-29/30-54/55??
A main reason the current lowbie bracket works is the fact alot of the advanced classes have a VERY useful capstone ability (e.g. guardian leap/intercede) Putting level 30-49 people up against 50+ people is inherently flawed due to how useful a 50+ char is compared to a guy under level 50.
i would guess that the reason for splitting 10-29/30-54/55 is that it is about lvl 30 that you have gotten most of your abilities.

you have a point there with the lvl "50 ability". but taking into account that a lvl 10 has like 2 or 3 abilities? a lvl 10 is as usefull compared to a lvl 49 as a lvl 30 is to someone 50 to 54 probably.

i would also guess that 50-54 wont be that crowded once most hit 55. to be honest , for me it makes sense to go 10-29/30-54.