View Single Post

jovianus
02.22.2013 , 07:05 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
[COLOR=#CC9E42]He very likely defeats them, perhaps even with relative ease. Lets remember this is the Jedi that defeated the most powerful Sith Lord ever to come into existence, in pure lightsaber combat - that in itself speaks volumes for how far the Jedi Order has come.
Isn't the general consensus that Palpatine was playing for time so Anakin could arrive? I mean, Yoda was IIRC described as the best duelist in the Order and he couldn't beat Palpatine.

Quote:
Old Republic: Atris, Vrook Lamar, Kavar, Lonna Vash, Zez-Kai Ell - remember those guys? I expect vaguely as they were never displayed to be particularly powerful or to have achieved much, that is because they were not. Only Kavar and Vrook where known to have mastered multiple forms, none mastered all of them.

And then we have the Jedi Council of the Great Galatic War, whose Grand Master was easily defeated by Braden, a bounty hunter, with a single shot. The other members we know little about, but the only one who seems worthy of mention was Satele Shan.

Prequel Trilogy: Both Mace Windu and Yoda were mastered all seven forms of lightsaber combat and Mace Windu created his own. Kenobi was one of the most esteemed swordsmen in Jedi history, mastering Soresu, Shii-Cho and Niman among others. Kit Fisto, Agen Kolar, Plo Koon and Saesee Tinn where all renowned for being master lightsaber duelists as were almost every member of the Council.
I'd be wary about drawing conclusions from a character performance in a video game where they have to fight the PC Let's not forget that countless Jedi, including great masters of the Order, were slaughtered en masse by ordinary clone troopers.

I really feel bad for Kit Fisto, given his appalling 'stand there and squeal like a stuck pick' death at Palpatine's hands after putting up less of a fight than the younglings in the Temple.