“No game of dejarik can be won without pawns...”
Final Round: Darth Traya vs G0-T0
Welcome to the grand finale of the ‘Kaggath Tournament’. Over the past many weeks I’ve been in pitting the power bases of iconic Star Wars characters against each other in an epic tournament-style extravaganza – and after much debate a final two have been chosen: the most cunning, conniving, crafty individuals that this galaxy has to offer – (excluding Darth Sidious and Thrawn of course.)
For all those of you aren’t aware, the Kaggath is an ancient rite of the Sith, ‘one part duel, one part large-scale dejarik-match’
. The two combatants have full use of their power bases, be it armies, strongholds or fleets, in order to outwit and outmanoeuvre their opponent. The Kaggath is no simple lightsaber duel, although it can come down to one, and the arena can be anywhere: a planet, star system or the entire galaxy.
Before we begin, let’s go over the ground rules a final time:
- The arena: the known galaxy.
- No outside help of any kind, the combatants cannot call upon assets outside their power base, or other prominent powers. This excludes allies of the era i.e. Darth Sion & Nihilus, the Twin Suns, Hanharr.
- No outside involvement, other powers will not and cannot interrupt or affect the battle, for the purpose of argument they are non-existent.
- No surrender, fight to the death!
- No superweapons, discounting the Mass Shadow Generator.*
- Technology level is universal (unless considered archaic or advanced at the time): blaster fire, armouring, lightsabers etc. are all the same regardless of period, all that matters is size, quantity and power.
- Use your imagination: obviously these powers existed in a different time frame but let’s just pretend.
So, the combatants. Darth Traya was a master manipulator, highly knowledgeable, skilled with a lightsaber and possessing immense power in the Force. And G0-T0 went from being a subservient planning droid to an epitome of cunning, logic and reason, using his cold and calculating persona to achieve unnoticed power and influence on a galactic stage.
Masquerading as an Exchange boss G0-T0 controlled his own planetary cell and a legion of elite HK-50 assassin droids and mercenary clans. While Traya possessed the scattered remnants of Darth Revan’s Sith Empire, including a legion of deadly assassins and Sith. Both combatants possess immense, yet invisible power in two very different realms, as well as a sharp and cunning mind. Yet who’s shadowy empire will claim dominance? Who will win?
Let the Kaggath Grand Finals begin!