View Single Post

skiibyrd
02.20.2013 , 03:41 PM | #145
Quote: Originally Posted by TheBBP View Post
Back in the day when MMOs were still pretty new, I got into Everquest and it seemed amazing. The world was huge and had tons of places to explore. There were endless things to do. When you got to endgame, you actually felt powerful, like you had accomplished something. I would print out spell lists and maps and had them organized in a big folder super-geeky style. I took that game as srs bsns.

This thread is not to bag on SWToR or how to talk about how other games are better. I am here to ask you guys what you think is missing. I know that there are a lot of you who were blown away by Everquest or (insert your first big MMO here). What did they have that brought that sense of amazement?

Was it that we were new to it? Are we just burned out and jaded? Maybe even OLD and jaded? Is there anything that could be brought to SWToR to being a sense of wow (no pun intended) and amazement?
SWTOR was my first MMO, im 24, and never had a PC to run computer games until about 4 years ago. I purchased WoW a couple years back, tried to get into it a couple times, then gave up on MMO's and continued console gaming and playing some other genre (Starcraft 2, minecraft, and a couple other RTS's).

When Swtor came out i had that feeling, but, it did not last as long as I thought it would. As a matter of a fact, I love this game, but already quit 2 times for about a month (but keep coming back). I now have Tera, WoW, Runes of Magic, Guildwars 2, and Rift expereince, but none of them could compare to swtor IMO.

It has a lot to do with them not having certain things the others do (Guild Quests, Acheivements (both player and guild), open world PvP, Guild gear, ect.). I absolutely love the game through, just wish they offered more for guilds to do, and work on.