View Single Post

DarthObelisk
02.20.2013 , 02:58 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Saiyanbob View Post
These types of statements sadden me. While it is any players right to decide when the game is not worth the money or time when posted in a discussion such as this it send the following message:

"Well fine if that's the way its gonna be I'm gonna take my ball and go home."

Yes, the game needs casuals to survive but coddle-ling to the demands of under geared players who are effectively asking someone else to use the fruits of their labor (IE: Gear or Knowledge) to compensate for their lack there of would create a social standard in which instant gratification is the norm and hard work is not rewarded. That's not the type of game that SHOULD survive.

On a related but side note, My Mother-in-Law plays this game and is a member of one of my raid groups. She isn't the best and sometimes is slow to pick up on things but we accept that about her because shes fun to raid with. If you are a pug I do not have that connection to fall on when you aren't appropriate for the task so the answer is no. If my 55+ Years old mother-in-law can get 63 gear then anyone can.
Well said there

to the OP I think everyone has been in your position at least once in this game. One of the reason among them that you may have been kicked from the ops group maybe.
1) some of the fights (ads and boss) deal out a fairly big chuck of dps and your gear its up to the lvl that you wouldnt instant die there by taking up a spot for someone else that took the time to look at the fight mechanics and or take the time and grind up their so its on par or above par for the ops
Jedi Sentinel 55 Jedi Consular 60 Jedi Shadow 60
Imperial Agent 60 Sith Assassin 60 Sith Sorcerer 60
Sith Warrior 55
Mercenary 60