View Single Post

Kalfear
02.20.2013 , 02:42 AM | #124
Quote: Originally Posted by AshenK View Post
If BioWare was smart they would have made TOR just like SWG in the Pre-CU. They didn't. And now the game is losing subs faster then ever. Really everyone I've seen WANTS a game like the Pre-CU back. Go onto any game and go into the general chat and just ask about SWG and you'll have that whole chat talking about how great SWG was.

32+ Professions that could be mixed and matched, unlockable Jedi, players having to work with one another rather then go off and solo. PvP that was so much better then what we have today. TOR is just a very poor game, SWG was an experience.
So false

SWG (all 30k of them remaining at end) Want pre CU back

Truth is SWG lost subs just as fast as TOR does
The two games run very simular sub loss patterns and time lines actually

The good news for you is you get that game from all reports in Arch Age and guess we find out a year after its release how popular your Sandbox really is (If all the failed sandbox designs thus far havent convinced you)

Im not saying SW:TOR great btw.
Its not and im about done with game.
This event pushed me over the limit of my patience in waiting for things to get done right

But there IS a reason SWG did so many game change designs and it WASNT just to be like WOW (as the vocal few like to claim)
They had mass sub loss issues from the get go as well and were trying to patch the leaky ship
All these now rose colored glasses reviews you read here do NOT accurately describe the truth of SWG and the plethora of issues the game encountered and the constantly shrinking subscription pool of players.

TOR right now has ALLOT MORE subs then SWG had after its first year (But TOR drawing from a much bigger pool so thats not really the compliment it sounds like)

Fact is were still waiting for the Star wars MMORPG that captures STAR WARS FRANCHISE

TOR is WOW with a Star Wars shell
SWG was UO with a Star Wars shell
now if only a developer would make STAR WARS with a Star Wars shell

LOL, if SWG was even as remotely popular and profitable as you all claim
It would still be open and running and Lucas Arts would have scoffed at idea of closing it to make room for TOR
Housing brought me back
now add Paazaak, KotOR#1 swoop bike racing, and more flashpoints and planets