View Single Post

02.19.2013 , 07:22 PM | #2
Like any server, we have our nice people and our trolls. I think we have more nice people than most, but a lot of them are very entrenched in 50s, and when they roll alts they level them with pvp because it's so fast. There are still a lot of new lowbies around with ftp, and with them, you never know what you're going to get.

This morning, I tried running a GF to get comms for a schematic I need for my own alts. We drew a freshly-dinged 50 tank who admitted to being f2p with cartel unlocks, still in half greens as he couldn't yet afford to upgrade to better gear. We attempted the FP anyway rather than initiating the votekick shenanigans you might see on other servers, but ultimately I couldn't keep him up through the third boss fight in D7 HM and the one geared DPS gave up.

Though the rest of us determined we wouldn't be able to clear it at this point because the tank had no mitigation, I did take a half hour or so to explain to the tank that 1) that little mail to pick up the tionese comms is quite deceptive in what you can do in 2 or 3 pieces of tionese gear, and 2) what used to be the progression before f2p, i.e. dailies/SM 50 FPs, THEN HM FPs, then ops. The poor guy was trying, he held aggro against a 20k dps, but he was just in over his head with the gear he had. I also pointed out the quick, painful, and dirty way of PVP for gear (and yes since he was preferred he wouldn't get recruit gear for free), and he replied he didn't want to do that because he knew it would be bad to be a drag on his team. But since he'd blown his cash on FP passes instead of subbing for a month and therefore needed gear quickly, I told him gotta do what you gotta do.

It's atrocious what BW has done with ftpers--at least explain how PVE gear progressed back in the day to them.

I know for a fact I'm not the only one on the server who will take the time to help someone who is trying to learn the game. Yes, there are cliques, and yes I've seen pocket healers in warzones, but this is the first I've heard of it for heroics/FPs. I know for a fact that our server community can be absolutely AWESOME.

You didn't say which faction you rolled, and I'm pretty sure your sig identifies your toons from the server whence you came, but feel free to hit up either Matari (Republic) or Andreus (Empire).
Adrian-Defense Guardian | Kerrik-Vigilance Guardian | Matari-Scoundrel Healer | Treston-Pyromaniac Vanguard | Eamen-Sage Healer
Kendrew-Op Healer | Andreus-Sorc Healer | Matarion-Juggernaut Smasher | Darrien-Veng Juggernaut
The Makaryk Legacy of Healing to Full - Begeren Colony
Referral Link - Click for 7 days' sub time and other free stuff