View Single Post

mikebevo
02.19.2013 , 02:40 PM | #26
My guild got me while I was playing my infil shadow to do SM, instead of waiting for me to get my watchman, tells me all I need to know about the ease of story mode. When we did hard, they made me get the watchman. Neither are overly difficult, but someone who can't follow simple instructions to get free gear and haven't done enough 50 content to get relics, ear and implants, then I don't really know if I want to depend on them following instructions that can be the difference between success and a wipe.

In a spank and tank fight, not overly concerned about gear, but in a fight that requires movement, attacking different targets at different times, requires planing attacks to get max spike dps at certain times and requires some planning on when to use defensive cooldowns, knowing a player is at least somewhat competent enough to complete a few dailies and flashpoints is important.

The unfairness isn't on the group kicking IMO, it is on the person that enters a group unprepared. Personally outside of my guild and whatever group I am in I owe no one anything just because they are a subscriber. I pay my money too. I will help them when I can, but I don't owe them anything, I just do it to be nice.