Thread: Alac DPS build
View Single Post

SoonerJBD
02.19.2013 , 12:30 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Ycoga View Post
I never said it did.
Yes you did. You talked about surge taking priority over power in a crit-heavy build. You also said you can sacrifice alacrity for crit, which is not true.

Quote: Originally Posted by Ycoga View Post
What are you on about? You either use Power or Surge mods/enhancements... :/ I didn't claim to map out stat tiers.

If you think you don't have a choice between crit or alac then YOU'RE the one who doesn't understand anything.

In fact that's a stupid thing to say; you clearly DO know a lot about sages and therefore know what you're saying. I think you just misrepresented what I originally said.
Mods come with main stat and secondary stat (crit or power). Enhancements come with secondary stat (crit or power) and tertiary stat (alacrity or surge). You can't trade alacrity for crit. They don't compete. You can only trade alacrity for other tertiary stats (alacrity, surge or accuracy, which Sages don't use). Every enhancement for Sages will have either crit or power on it and either alacrity or surge. Crit competes with power and only power. Alacrity competes with surge and only surge.