View Single Post

Larry_Dallas
02.18.2013 , 01:26 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Strainge View Post
Hopped on group finder for Hammer Station with my level 19 Sin tank. Both DPS were about my level, our heals was a level 16 Merc. While fighting the 2nd group right after the hallway turn, the Merc backs up too far and pulls aggro on the 3rd mob (the 1 with 2 elites and 3 strong) and we wipe. I asked him nicely to keep close next time if he was unfamiliar with the flashpoint. We rez and approach again. I ask for a cc. The Merc starts blasting me with his gun heal, pulling aggro on the group again, we kill most of them but wipe. Rez, kill the rest. I notice 1 of the DPS initiate a vote to kick me. The heals tells me to leave if I don't know how to tank. As I'm typing to make sure they know the heals messed up I am voted. It's probably best I didn't stay with such an oblivious group. I reminded myself afterwards about tanking Xeno II 16 man HM earlier with my guardian.
This story doesn't make sense to me. First problem is that a raid member can't pull a dormant mob by healing someone. Second problem is that groups will generally not kick a tank under almost any circumstances because replacement q times are really long.

If memory serves, these are groups of robots, are they not? You weren't, by chance, stealthed, were you? Because if you're stealthed near robots, even outside of normal aggro range, that pulls them.

If I saw a tank stealth and pull two mobs of robots multiple times at the start of a flashpoint, lecture the healer and someone instituted a kick, I might vote yes, though more than likely, I'd have told you to quit stealthing near robots. Also, I'm not certain mercs even have a cc at 16.