View Single Post

Aurbere
02.17.2013 , 11:49 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Kaedusz View Post
My point is that the jedi in the movies timeline are relatively weak ,not that Maglus is powerful.Ok Kit fisto is one of the best swordsmen in the Jedi Order.Imagine how terrible the jedi must be during his time,for him to be one of the best swordsmen.My conclusion is drawn from what i see in wookiepedia and when i saw him in episode 2,not to mention 3 when he died.

This is not exaclty a counter to my point,because as i said all jedi in that timeline are bad compared to those in the past.
Would also like to point out that being incredibly strong in the force and in the use of lightsaber is not always the most important criteria for going up in the ranks of the jedi order.
Quote: Originally Posted by Kaedusz View Post
They may thrive in other aspects,but combat speciality is not one of them.It is said many times that lightsaber dueling after the Ruusian Reformation was on a decline because the jedi faced always blaster weielding opponents and not force users and lightsaber users.This along with other things made them complacent ,ripe for the plucking by the Sith Grand Plan.
I think you overestimate Kit Fisto and the other jedi because of some kind of SW movies fanboyism.
I'm gonna have to do the list, aren't I? What is this, the fifth time?

Yoda- too many impressive skills and powers to count, not to mention being the second most powerful Jedi ever.
Mace Windu- Mastered the seven forms and developed Vaapad, the form he used to defeat Darth Sidious
Plo Koon- Master of Djem So, Alter Environment, Electric Judgment, and several Baran Do techniques (of the Hassat-dur family)
Ki-Adi Mundi- Master of Ataru and incredibly skilled with Force Healing, in addition to his heightened reflexes (heightened for a Jedi to boot).
Kit Fisto- Master of Shii-Cho, which he coupled with Force speed to make him so fast that even Obi-Wan Kenobi could barely see him. Able to defeat General Grievous with relative ease.
Anakin Skywalker- the Chosen One. Nuff said?
Obi-Wan Kenobi- The Master of Soresu, able to compete with the Chosen One in battle
Cin Drallig- Jedi Battlemaster, mastering six forms and having great knowledge of the seventh form. Had extensive skill in Force Speed.

Forgetting a few, but the point being, you severely underestimate the Jedi Order.

Edit: You're going to say the list is pointless, aren't you? That makes me
Added Chapter 31 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus