View Single Post

gofortheko
02.16.2013 , 01:44 AM | #3
I dont think you will ever capture the amazement you had for everquest in any new or future mmo. Simply put it was the first 3d mmo in the history of mmos, and most peoples first of the genre they played. It had things that people remember fondly, but lets be real at the time was annoying, like boat rides, and corpse runs etc. For me no other game outside of DAOC will ever give me that feeling.

DAOC was the next in line, and while it still wasnt as exciting to play as the first time I played everquest it was a close second. I loved DAOC because it was gritty (played midgard mainly) and had so many classes and races and realms to play. But anyway back on topic, I dont think there is anything any game company can do now to ever fill someone of our generations mmo excitement anymore (short of maybe a virtual mmo).

I know myself I have played pretty much every mmo under the sun, but msot games are just rehashes with different looks to me. SWTOR grabs me because of its theme, if it wasnt star wars i highly doubt I would still be playing.
Weapon-of War
Juggernaut:Sentinel:Operative:Sage:Commando:Shadow :Guardian
Guild: Ghost Infantry Server: The Harbinger