View Single Post

Ratajack
02.15.2013 , 11:11 PM | #670
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthTHC View Post
I think you're replying to the wrong person or I've confused you with my message.

My position is that the repair costs are too damn high, and that between 1.2 and 1.7, no player ever said, "The repair costs are too damn low!" so everyone arguing the "fix" is a good thing is a hypocrite at best.

I won't claim to have said that the repair costs are too high between 1.2 and 1.7. What I have been saying is that while the repair costs are higher now, I would not classify them as too high. If there was indeed a bug between 1.2 and 1.7 that caused repair costs and/or vendor prices to be calculated incorrectly by not taking the item modifications into account, then the repair costs were not working as intended. If the devs corrected this bug, then even though my repair costs have increased, I'll just have to make sure I find a way to afford the increased costs. If there is a new bug causing the repair costs to be calculated incorrectly based on the level of the shell and not the mods, then this new bug needs to be fixed. The repair costs do not need to be reduced to the previously bugged levels.

I am a casual player with limited time to play. I'm not going to refuse to run dailies because that's not the "fun" part of the game I want to play, nor am I going to ignore the fact that I can send companions out on gathering missions and sell the mats on the GTN, though.

Do you hear people complaining complaining that costs for anything are too low in real life? I don't. Guess what, though. Prices rise in real life, too. Sometimes they go up due to rising overhead costs, sometimes due to rising costs of materials and sometimes for no apparent reason at all. When costs rise, people may complain, but they usually pay the increased costs. Most do not demand or expect that costs be lowered to the previous level.