View Single Post

SpartusTana
02.15.2013 , 08:15 AM | #3
Just wanted to pipe in real quick.

I got this Error to go away for me.
Error 18 - Character Versioning Error

For me, the "Activate" button appeared only after I got the error. Otherwise my character would be playable, then fail a log in. With the recent patch it may have fixed this. If you're trying to consistently activate the character, try giving it 24 hours to appear as playable. When it does, give it a try with the latest patch.

If it's a character that was initially a subscribed character, then went F2P, this could also be an issue. My work around for this (and what worked for me) was this:

1. Wait 24 hours (No selecting "Activate") for your character to appear as playable.
2. Do NOT select it.
3. Quit the game and go subscribe (I know this isn't an option for most but I'm just saying what I know)
4. Log back into the game and ensure the game acknowledges you're a subscriber. (If it doesn't call customer service's billing line. The wait is long but they're very kind and helpful)
5. Attempt to load your character.

Initially mine took a good 5 minute load to get everything back to normal. It appeared that a lot was done since I last played. So depending on your situation, give it a bit to load and get your character in.

I'm sorry that this is all I can offer. I wish I knew more, but like I said, this is what worked for me. I understand that some people's characters may not appear playable after 24 hours either. This method is worth a shot though. Believe me, I know how frustrating this Error 18 is.

Good Luck Everyone,
-Spartus