View Single Post

jarjarloves
02.15.2013 , 04:25 AM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by AHierophant View Post
Boba Fett is a tremendous hinge character. I mean, without him, Jaina doesn't learn how to fight so Darth Caedus (her brother Jacen) can counter her, which likely means she loses. He has a tremendous impact on the Yuuzhan Vong by leading Mandalore during the invasion. If what you want happens, then the entire EU would likely need to be ejected. Boba Fett, being dead, doesn't challenge Han Solo and allow him to live, so Solo doesn't straighten up and court Leia, the Solo children are not born, end of EU. It really is as simple as that.

Whatever the new movies are, you can bet your bottom dollar they won't stray from established characters. Myself, I would be okay with Hier to the Empire, even though that is extremely unlikely. I would dearly love a focus on Rogue Squandron, particularly the Bacta Wars and Isard, with leading roles for Wedge Antilles and Tycho Clechu, but there won't be enough Force **** for mainstream audiences.
actually you can bet these movies will NOT be based on the existing EU seeing as Disney has said Episode 7 will not be based on an existing EU story.

It looks like they are relaunching the Post ROTJ EU