View Single Post

Elfindreams
02.14.2013 , 02:27 PM | #134
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthVenizen View Post
cash sinks exist in every game, just because you have to work to get around the cash sink now doesn't make it bad design

the only thing that makes it "bad design" is the fact that it was nearly a year of it not being this way.

If the repair costs were the same as they are now the whole time, it wouldn't be an issue
I disagree.

Cash sinks exist to offset cash creation due to mechanics. I.E. they make the economy balance out so there isn't hyperinflation.

That is the only reason they exist in games. Because you can create money (through killing things/etc) there has to be a place money is destroyed. That can be through buying skills, legacy unlocks or the like.

The only reason to increase a cash sink is if there is an in balance in the in game economy and you start seeing hyperinflation. (i.e. people having enough disposable income that even basic goods go for a lot of money) As far as I can tell from monitoring the GTN, no such imbalance currently exists. Hence why a change of this nature is completely unnecessary.

In fact eliminating the dailies entirely would lessen the need for repair costs as there would be less credit faucets.
The Jade Legacy Ebon Hawk
[Nova Imperium] [The Crescent Order]