View Single Post

xOxDarkyxOx
02.12.2013 , 07:18 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Arundor View Post
I'm a DPS player who is relatively new the game and this thread has been helpful and informative for me. Thanks to the people who took time to explain it.

I do have two questions about what has been said here.

1. If an enemy switches to targeting me instead of the tank, is that my first clue that I was doing too much damage? Or are there earlier hints? Is there a way for a skilled DPS player to make sure they don't pull threat while still dealing an optimal amount of damage?
2. I understand from reading this thread that if I pull threat as a DPS player I should stop attacking. What should I do while I'm waiting? Attack something else, or stop attacking entirely?
It depends what type of enemy switches agro to you. If it is a strong or elite, it is probably the tanks fault for not holding agro. If its a lesser enemy, it doesnt matter how much damage you do to it as the tank will have a hard time holding agro for everything (Tank has to focus on the harder enemies). Just burst the mob down.

If you pull threat on an easy mob, just kill it. If you pull threat on a harder one, use your threat dump and/or ask for a guard from your tank.