View Single Post

Lionflash
02.08.2013 , 01:12 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by aVmuse View Post
You people do realise there are icons above people's head that tells you what class you are. I did have a serious chuckle at trying to hide your sorc in juggernaut styled armour, don't care what your sorc looks likes, if you have the sorc icon, your a sorc and that's all I look for.

Same goes for the commando's doing the rifle trick.
I have those on, but personally I don't have them memorized or pay much attention to them. It's really easy to tell what your dealing with even in your periferals (which is what I mostly do) based on weapons.

Single saber 2 hands = Guardian
Dual Lightsabers = Sentinel
Single saber 1 hand = Sage
Double Bladed saber = Shadow

So, while memorizing the AC symbols is best, not many do it. You're definetely not gonna fool anyone for anyone for very long, because as soon as I see than single saber Jugg shoot out lightning, I know it's not a warrior.

It's just that (as someone also said) after so many PVP matches i'm so used to just glancing at enemies and making descisions. No one will be fooled for the whole match, but it's just that tiny bit of added edge that some people might want.

Another trick I've seen in many games... I've seen this done in MMOs, in racing games and many others. But people dress their character (or car) to look like a lowbie. Meaning like for example, modding that white level 10 lowbie trooper armor with EWH mods. Same thing in racing games, you use the 'stock' car but fit it with the best engine and parts.

Makes people think you're a scrub but you're really not. Might not work on everyone, but it's just a little edge.