View Single Post

bigray
02.08.2013 , 04:36 AM | #2
I can see where you're coming from homebread. Now I don't know if I would go as far as to say it's better than Episode III, but I think it gets too much hate overall. Here are the things I like about it:

- The color palette, or the way the filmed it, is more congruous with the original movies. From a "look and feel" perspective it looks like one of the older movies.
- The lightsaber duel at the end is flat out the best lightsaber duel in any of the movies.
- Pod racing sequence is one of the better action sequences overall. Not as good as the space battle at the beginning of III or end of VI.

I think the main thing with the PT is that is was too heavy on the political intrigue. It's a bit of a catch-22 because the political intrigue is what really set the stage for the Emperor's rise. Not sure if there could have been a better way to show it in the movies, but so much senatorial debate and maneuverings is incongruous with what we identify as Star Wars and so from that perspective alone the PT has a different feel to it.