View Single Post

Tocratis
02.07.2013 , 01:23 PM | #1
How feasible is it to rip mods out of end game gear and use it in the orange gear I have been levelling in?

I just hit 50 with my Sentinel yesterday and I've picked up the Tionese gear from fleet using my 99 comms, but I hate the look of it. Plus it was a fair bit of time and effort to aquire the look I wanted with my orange gear, and I really don't want to have to give it up.

What I really want to know is if I rip the mods out of this gear what do I really lose, other than the set bonus? The set bonus itself doesn't appear particularly important, but maybe I'm missing the point - is it really that beneficial? Also, does anything change when you start bringing Columi and Rakata into the equation?

I don't mind making things slightly more difficult for myself by not using the very best gear set-up available to me. But I'm in an active guild and don't really want to be hampering the group's chances on FPs and Operations if I can help it. Or even worse, be denied the chance to do some end-game stuff if I stick with the oranges, because it's simply not good enough. Swapping the mods back and forth depending on the situation isn't an option, way too expensive to do that!