View Single Post

bright_ephemera
02.06.2013 , 10:25 AM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by kalarigamerchic View Post
And Doc maybe over sexed and had far more ex girlfriends then I liked but coming from my sage's story line it was a breath of fresh air
One thing that really does improve the romances, in my experience, is playing their weaknesses off against each other in different playthroughs to enjoy the resulting changes of pace. Quite by accident I went like so:

Corso: AUGH AUGH THE PATRIARCHY HAS LATCHED ONTO MY FACE AND I CAN'T GET RID OF IT, SOMEBODY GET ME A CROWBAR PLEASE
followed by
Kaliyo: Do whatever the hell you want, and feel free to be antagonistic, she'll give as good as she gets; easy come, easy go; wildly mixed signals
followed by
Quinn: No signals; patience is the name of the game, and yes, he'll be agonizing over rules and proper roles the whole time
followed by
Andronikos: Direct, unvarnished, informal, doesn't even care you're Sith
followed by
Elara: Shy, reserved, intensely aware of the rules, yet both sweet and, once she starts opening up, charmingly self-assured

Any one by itself might have gotten obnoxious (except Kaliyo, that crazy witch, I never get tired of her), but in sequence they were really amusing.
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 90+ authors to date. 2500+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.