View Single Post

Master-Nala
02.06.2013 , 06:07 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Kitru View Post
Disturbance/Lightning Strike is functionally the Sage/Sorc's "basic attack" (yes, it costs Force to use, but it's a pittance). It does pitiful damage because it's not supposed to be a heavy hitter, like Charged Burst, which, rather than being a basic attack, is a basic resource consumer. Sages/Sorcs, because they have comparatively massive resource pools compared to everyone else in the game, have a different paradigm for their abilities than pretty much every other AC out there. As such, their "basic attack" is a cast time ability that consumes a modicum of Force. That's just how they work.
Then the power shouldn't have such a high cast time. 1.5 sec is an eternity in this game. It really should be an instant ability. But better IMO for Sages/Sorcerors to have a basic "burst" ability.

And as a 'basic attack' it also fails because Seers and Balance specs really don't get anything from using it at all. Balance's spamming attack is TK throw.
Below this is my referral link. If you press it you get free stuff and I get free stuff. This makes you, me....and Bioware happy, but don't let that stop you!
Referral Link---> http://www.swtor.com/r/fDdy48 <---Referral Link