View Single Post

Rabenschwinge
02.06.2013 , 05:15 AM | #6
I doubt it will be about any character or story that has already been written, but rather something entirely new that fits the action in the new movies, rather than the existing extended universe.

Of the things listed a re-appearance of Boba Fet seems most unlikely. As far as the movies were concerned, Boba Fet fell into the Sarlacc and that's it. That he survived it and cut himself free out of the belly of the dragon is an EU thing, but I don't think that they really have to succumb to recycling already defeated villains to make up a good story - doing so is actually a pretty cheap trick of the trade.

The most likely thing is that a newly introduced character that only appears briefly in Star Wars 7. Like in the matrix video games that take place between Matrix 2 and 3, Ghost and Niobe were the protaginists.

As to what I wish for - that is hard to say. Not another adventure movie maybe. Something that toys with the concept of the Force and its implication, but maybe is rather a detective movie. Or a drama of a falling knight. Maybe something that is not so heavy with action.

Or it may be the story of a war ship or so (recently seen "Das Boot" and "The Caine Mutiny" again - I like those). Action, but darker and limited to a very confined space....

However, it should have a smaller scope, not this gigantic, galactic spanning plot, but, compared to the actual Star Movies present a "small picture".