View Single Post

fallen_phoenix
02.06.2013 , 03:59 AM | #1
Hey guys,

I've recently been trying a damage sorc build in PvP that works pretty well in PvE (I mean I can drop stuff insanely fast, it actually feels OP). However, in unranked sub-50 warzones, I'm seeing that my damage numbers are nowhere near what the top contenders have.

For example, I just got out of a warzone and had a damage total of about 44k. That's it. Others had over 230k. Even though I think we were up against a premade, it's obvious to me that I'm just plain doing something wrong with respect to dealing damage in a warzone since I'm getting my *** handed to me time and again, usually by a zerg of 3+ players at a time.

Now, I can see the math here: somebody gets big numbers because they have backup and don't die, whereas I have zero backup and spend more time in the spawn area than on the battlefield. But I think there may be more to it than that alone.

So my first question is, can anyone recommend a really good sorc PvP DPS guide?

Secondly, and perhaps more importantly, since you get a scalable buff in these warzones, how much does gear actually matter in the sub-50 WZs? I admit my gear could be better (it's not 100% purples and perfect mods everywhere), but it's fairly decent - I'd say about average, maybe slightly above average. So are all these people getting 3-4x the damage that I do just better geared and backed up by a team, or is there something else going on here likely?

Any advice ya'll could provide would be appreciated. Thanks.