View Single Post

Slowpokeking
02.03.2013 , 05:26 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth__Carnal View Post
Obiwan knew that Maul planned to use Satine against him. I think that is the reason why Obiwan got all preachy on Maul. It's like Obi wan was saying,

"Go ahead bro, I know you going to kill her anyways. Do it. Kill her. I will not let her death be in vain, I will hold to my beliefs. I will show you I am stronger by not begging, compromising on my principles, or becoming angry and breaking the code. There is no such thing as death, only the Force."

Sure Obiwan loved Satine, but for Obiwan and Maul, this was deeper, this was about religion.

Obiwan did not shed a single tear for Satine, do to so would of proved Maul right. That peace is a lie, there is emotion. To get emotional, would of dishonored the Jedi, Satine, and Obiwan.
And there is emotion, he didn't prove Maul was wrong, but still try to lie to himself like the PT Jedi, and that's why they failed.

Just like in OT, they don't believe there is still good emotion in Vader anymore, they believe Luke could kill his father without emotion, and Luke proved they are wrong about both. If Luke really did it that what Obi Wan pushed him to do, it would cause him to fall to the Dark Side.