When it comes to considering builds, take into account a number of factors when deciding a talent's value (in this case tanking):
I'm talking about both PvP & PvE and not good at coming up with builds.
1. Will this talent increase my mitigation/survivability?
2. Will this talent allow me to hold a single target aggro better? (flashpoint + operation bosses)
3. Will this help me hold multiple targets / trash packs better?
4. Will this talent increase the damage of my *key* attacks? (eg. stockstrike, ion pulse..)
5. Is this talent designed for a PvP environment? (e.g Neural overload 2 second slow)
I suppose making builds isn't difficult once you know what you're aiming for. For example, 'Charge!' provides 50% movement speed increase for 4 seconds after using Storm; yet if you read Storm's tooltip, it already immobilises the target for 3 seconds so what is the actual value of Charge? Not much really.