View Single Post

CommanderKeeva
02.02.2013 , 05:22 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Somanliuus View Post
I've been playing swtor for the last year. Ive completed all content with the exception on NiM EC (on kephiss). 4 BiS 61 toons, 1BiS 63 toon. What gripes me (but seemingly noone else) is people paying to win. An no, Im not talking about the Cartel Market. Im talking about people crafting 63 armorings/mods/enhancements. My old guild had 4-5 regular raiders that bought, with credits, a full set of dread gear. I was against this for the simple fact- not once did we set foot in TfB HM at that time. So going in on our first run most people had BiS 63 gear. I have nothing against people who down this raid crafting the gear because they earned it. But a bunch of people who have a hard time downing EC hard in dread gear should not be buying it, they should work for it. Or am I horribly wrong?
I don't mind this as this actually makes crafting professions useful. Also, given how utterly **** most stock DG pieces are (teeming with 27A and 27B mods and whatnot), min/maxing from drops is next to impossible. You need to custom craft mods to replace those annoying 27A ones with proper 27s. This doesn't bother me.

What does bother me is that you can reverse War Hero armorings/mods/enhancements into molecular stabilizers, from which you can craft BiS PvE gear. PvP should not be the fastest way to obtain BiS PvE armor. I know you can reverse engineer Black Hole items too into stabilizers but come on. 875 warzone commendations you can get in a day. Sometimes twice or three times as many. Alone. 50 Black Hole comms would take 3 Operations and the Rakghoul weekly or 10 daily hard modes. And you need to be in a team for that.

I think it's a problem when PvP becomes to way to get PvE armor....
BEING A GOOD SOLDIER COMES DOWN TO ONE THING, ONE SINGLE QUESTION:
WHAT ARE YOU PREPARED TO SACRIFICE?