View Single Post

01.28.2013 , 08:19 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by LHRFreak View Post
I currently roll a near pure MM tree spec'd sniper on Jung-Ma (Ettrigan 31/10/0) and have been running with said sniper since pre-release. I can tell you that they have had 2 tree shifts since then and have gotten quite a bit stronger since launch because of all of the nerfs the other classes have had. Ever hear of people begging for a Sniper nerf? Not often. Ever hear of a Jugg or BH nerf? Rhetorical question there. I don't PvP much but I can say that in PvE Snipers are beast. Compared to a Sorc (no offense here) there is really no comparison. Heck, with Ballsitic Dampers, the personal shield probe, and the Ballistic shield down; I can literally tank any champion for a good 5-10 seconds without heals.

From the little PvP I have done, I can say that a Sniper is great.... Until you get knocked out of cover and cc'd.... Then it sucks because you literally have like 5 seconds tops to watch your health drain and then die.

I'm not calling for a nerf of Snipers in any way but I do think, in all fairness, that Sorcs should get a few more utilities to better handle such things. But of course you could just roll a Sniper and then this post would be obsolete...
I think Snipers are one of the only Balanced classes, there's just several classes that need to be buffed, if we keep nerfing classes, eventually we're all going to be doing a 10th of the damage/healing etc.

Fair enough, snipers should be doing more damage than the lieks of Merc/Sorc/Operative since it's a pure DPS class. What I don't understand is.. why give a class a healing tree and 2 DPS trees if the only thing they can do effectively is heal, just give them 3 heal trees or atleast something they are actually capable of pulling off.

EDIT: yes I don't mind being all that squishy as a sorc, but in return i'd atleast expect some hard hitters or something that counters the fact that I'm nearly useless. Either DPS tree, if a sorc gets interrupted their damage is practically kaput. There's no other class where your main damage comes from spamming the same ability over and over and over and over and over and over (you get the point) again.

Fingers crossed for a buff with expansion.