View Single Post

Hexdoll
01.27.2013 , 10:41 AM | #121
Quote: Originally Posted by vermura View Post
Please explain why the smash needs to be the hardest hitting attack, and AOE, and automatically crit all while being able to hit up to 5 targets. Compare it to death field.

Death field is a talent. Smash is baseline.
You cannot reduce death fields cool down. You can spec to reduce smashs cooldown, and proc even more reductions.
Death field can hit up to 3 targets. Smash can hit up to 5 targets.
Death field's critical chance is never anywhere near 100%. It's trivial to make smash critically hit every single time it's used.
Death field on a full warhero sorc can crit for about 4.5k, with a critical hit chance of about 35%.
Smash can crit for 7.5k or more. When I say "can", what I really mean is it WILL crit every single time.
Death field has a 30m range. Smash has a 5m range, however, force leap has a 30m range, and it makes smash auto-crit, so in practice, the range difference is almost irrelevant.

There is a very simple reason why people say smash is over powered.

It is.

Of course, that isn't the whole story. Fact: one spec in this game has 4 moves that all hit for more then 5k. That same class also has the hardest hitting attack in the game, that can hit up to 5 targets. The same class also has arguably the best defensive cooldowns in the game.
Fact: no other class has multiple moves in the same spec that can hit for over 5k, some classes have no such moves with any spec.
I don't even death field recruits for 4.5k at nearly 900 FP, *** am i doing wrong there?